Reetha Hair Cleanser for Premature Greying
This product recipe is a natural, water-friendly remedy to reduce premature greying. It uses Reetha (also known as Haithaguti, Ritha, Aritha, Dodan, Kanmar, Rithe, and Soapnut) as a base ingredient. Proven to solve hair problems like dandruff, scalp infections and hair fall, Reetha is an ancient fruit whose origins date back to 6th century BC.
It acquires a soapy texture upon heating, which makes it a natural choice as a hair cleanser.
For a customised pack, click one of the following hair types below:
For ordering large quanity, please fill the Wholesale Form
For further customisation, you could send us an email with your specific hair conditions. Mention as many from options below:
- Allergies to food and kitchen items
Hand-pounded and processed by local women of Abidpur Village (Uttar Pradesh), Reetha Hair Cleanser revives hair and makes it lustrous and bountiful.
We acknowledge Ms. Rekha Shorey for sharing the recipe.
- Reduces hair fall
- Regular use promotes hair growth
- Thickens and darkens hair over time
- Deeply nourishes and moisturises the scalp
- Completely safe for children, pregnant women & old aged people (also animals)
- By using this product, you contribute to continued livelihood for small scale industries
- By using this product, you contribute to continued traditional farming practices that save water
Reetha (Soapnut), Amla (Gooseberry), Shikakai (Soap Pod)
All ingredients used in the recipe are 100% natural and hand-pounded, to ensure all the properties remain intact.
Directions for Use
|APPLY AND RINSE METHOD : used as hair pack|
| 1. Soak 1½ tsp of the product powder in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Apply the paste to the scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes. Cover hair with a cloth or a shower cap.
3. Massage the scalp gently in circular motions with fingertips.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water.
|CLOTH POUCH METHOD : used as cleanser|
|1. Place 1 ½ tsp powder in a cloth pouch.
2. Dip the pouch in hot water for 30 seconds so that the powder infuses into the water.
3. Remove the pouch.
4. Pour the powder-infused water on your hair. Massage your scalp gently.
5. Rinse thoroughly with water.
(You can refrigerate the cloth pouch to reuse. Or put the powder into your plants and wash the bag to re-use it)
Try this Variation:
1. Boil 1 glass of water and add 1½ tsp of powder to it.
2. Cool the liquid and strain it.
3. Pour the liquid on your hair and massage the scalp gently in circular motions.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water.
5. Repeat for oily hair.
For both cleanser and pack, works well with regular water. For oily scalp add 1 spoon lemon juice – Curd may also be added to the hair pack, for deeper conditioning. Don’t forget to repeat the product as a hair wash to cleanse the scalp off the greasiness.
Different hair & scalp types react differently to a natural product. Please conduct a patch test before application.
What to Expect
The product will reach you as a pre-mixed powder as no additional ingredients or shampoo base is added. Slightly grainy texture, not too harsh on skin. The results may not be instant and would show up gradually with consistent usage of the product.
While applying on scalp and washing, try to keep eyes closed. In case it comes in contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with cool water (it won’t harm the eyes but you will experience a burning sensation). A slight discomfort will be experienced for a short span of time and will gradually fade away.
2 to 3 times a week (as frequently as you wash your hair) . One bottle will last for one month if only one person is using it.
Keep the product away from heat, direct sunlight & moisture (in case fungus develops, mix product in soil / compost)
Use within 02 Year of Mfg Date after which mix product in soil or compost.
Place of Origin
Abidpur Village (Uttar Pradesh), India North India (Mostly Plains) Hot semi- arid with dry winter
When you buy this product you:
Save 2.88 thousand liters of water annually
Financially support families in villages where the raw materials are processed
Get a reusable glass jar that is 100% recyclable
Oily, Dry, Combination
25 G, 100 G